Tracy A. Brammeier
The newest addition to the legal team at Clifford Law Offices, Tracy Brammeier, is no stranger to tort law having worked as a clerk at the firm for years and jumping in immediately into courtroom work and complex tort cases. In fact, her intelligence and legal acumen has led her to already have worked on some of the biggest lawsuits filed at the firm, led by partners directing the cases. When you first meet Tracy, one observes she is reserved and poised, a young attorney who understands the importance of listening and working hard.
Since 2012, Tracy has worked on the Colgan air crash cases, a terrible aviation disaster where 49 people were killed on a flight heading to Buffalo, New York. Clifford Law Offices represented five families who lost loved ones. She also worked behind the scenes on a complex grain bin case that left two young men suffocating in downstate Illinois. She works closely with partners Kevin P. Durkin and Michael S. Krzak with their caseloads that deal with many transportation accident matters. Tracy has worked on cases involving a bicyclist struck by a high-speed semi, a pedestrian struck by a semi-truck, as well as a mechanic crushed by a truck and a woman who died in a boating incident on Lake Michigan. Another high-profile matter on which she is working involves the tragedy of a Glenview couple who were killed when a train derailed at an overpass and a load crushed them in their car below. She also is involved in several complex medical malpractice cases on behalf of patients who have been the victims of negligence including a case against an IV clinic, a case against a doctor who prescribed medication off-label to a child who suffered severe burns and a case against a hospital and doctor for negligently administered anesthesia during a colonoscopy. Her high-level legal research and writing skills already have been witness to several victories in court on motions to quash and motions to dismiss.
Tracy gives back to the community through her work with the 100 Club of Chicago, a not-for-profit organization that assists the families of police officers and firefighters throughout Cook and Lake Counties, by providing a legal resource following the death of a loved one killed in the line of duty. Tracy also volunteers with the Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Section program Wills For Heroes, which prepares basic wills for Chicago and Illinois State police officers. She is also active in several bar associations.
Tracy graduated from Loyola University School of Law in Chicago where she was a merit scholarship recipient. She was on the Dean's list and also was the first place winner of the 2012 American Bar Association (ABA) Torts Trial and Insurance Practice Disaster Writing Competition, a national contest. As an undergraduate, she also attended Loyola University where she studied a semester at the John Felice Rome Center. While in law school, she served as an Extern for the Honorable Thomas M. Durkin of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Tracy A. Brammeier is a very mature young lawyer and Clifford Law Offices welcomes her to its team of lawyers.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois - 2014
- Honors: Merit scholarship Recipient
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: ABA Torts Trial and Insurance Practice Disaster Writing Competition – 1st Place Winner, 2012
- Honors: ABA 7th Circuit: Executive Lt. Governor of the Law Student Division, 2013-2014
- Loyola University Chicago
- B.A. - 2010
- Honors: Damen Award
- Honors: School of Communication Dean’s List
- Honors: Alpha Chi Omega
- Major: Communication
- Loyola University Chicago John Felice Rome Center - 2008
- FAA Proposes Rule Prohibiting the Use of Personal Electronic Devices on the Flight Deck, AAJ Aviation Law Newsletter, Fall 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Chicago Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Director
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Associate Board Member
Past Employment Positions
- Clifford Law Offices, P.C., Chicago, IL, Associate, Nov. 2014 – present
- Clifford Law Offices, P.C., Chicago, IL, Law Clerk, Feb. 2012 – Oct. 2014
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, The Honorable Thomas M. Durkin, Judicial Extern, Sept. 2013 – Dec. 2013
Pro Bono Activities
- 100 Club of Chicago
- Wills for Heroes
- Alpha Chi Omega