Clifford Law Offices PC
Get Your Free Case Review
Main Menu Email Us

Storm Damage to Your Home? The Illinois State Bar Offers Some Information on Wading Through Insurance Claims

Question: My home was damaged by the recent storms, and I need assistance wading through the complexities of insurance claims and home repair contracts. Where can I go for help? Answer: The Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) can refer you to a practicing lawyer in your area who has agreed to provide an initial half-hour consultation for a fee not to exceed $25. There is no obligation to hire the lawyer. Call 877-622-3845 or visit Among the services that an ISBA lawyer may provide are assistance with insurance claims, home repair contracts and consumer protection matters; counsel on landlord-tenant, mortgage foreclosure or other housing issues; replacement of important legal documents which may have been destroyed; and assistance in connecting people with agencies that might be able to help. For more information about Illinois law, visit www.illinoislawyerfinder.comIf you have a legal question, send it to Illinois Law Now is a series of newspaper and internet posts prepared by the Illinois State Bar Association that address legal issues of interest to the public. For additional information about the law, visit

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.