Clifford Law Offices PC
Get Your Free Case Review
Main Menu Email Us

Some Circumstances Child Support Payments Can Change.

Question: Under what circumstances can child support payments be changed?

Answer: Either one of the parents can ask the court for a modification in child support payments for circumstances that include an increase or decrease in the non-custodial parent's income; an increase in the child's need; if the child no longer lives with the custodial parent; or the child has turned 18 and is no longer in high school.   For more information about Illinois law, visit If you have a legal question, send it to

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.