call now for a free consultation free consultation (312) 899-9090
request free consultation

Problems with your Cable Company? Here’s what the Illinois State Bar Suggests

Question:  How can I best resolve an issue with a bill I received from my cable TV service company?

Answer:  Start by visiting the company’s Website or calling their customer service hotline. If that fails to resolve your issue, contact the Illinois Attorney General’s office. Under the state’s new Cable and Video Customer Protection Law, there are stronger standards that cable and satellite service companies must abide by, governing installation, disconnection, repairs, appointment hours, billing procedures, customer remedies and special needs services.

For more information about Illinois law, visit www.illinoislawyerfinder.comIf you have a legal question, send it to
Illinois Law Now is a series of newspaper and internet posts prepared by the Illinois State Bar Association that address legal issues of interest to the public. For additional information about the law, visit