Erin Clifford is the Director of Marketing and Business Development at Clifford Law Offices. She provides overall management of strategic business development, such as planning, coordinating, and implementation of marketing and business plans.
Erin Clifford grew up in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago and attended Northwestern University as an undergraduate, where she majored in Secondary Education with a concentration in English. After graduating, Erin taught high school English in the Chicago Public Schools for five years. Thereafter, she matriculated to DePaul College of Law, earning her Juris Doctorate. Erin then clerked for five years at the Illinois Appellate Court, First District for the Honorable Justice Terrence J. Lavin and then for a period as legal counsel at the Cook County Treasurer’s Office.
In addition to her development work at Clifford Law Offices and legal background, Erin is a Corporate Wellness Consultant and National Certified Counselor. She works with professionals to help them create and maintain healthy lifestyles. She has a master’s degree in mental health counseling from Northwestern University. As an authority figure in the wellness industry, Erin gives speaking engagements in all areas of wellness – from nutrition, to exercise, to healthy lifestyle management. Her expertise in wellness has earned her media attention from publications such as Shape Magazine, US News and World Report, Prevention Magazine, and more.
Erin is an advocate of giving back and helping the Chicago community. She serves as a board member on the Friends of Prentice Board, an organization committed to superior healthcare spanning the full spectrum of a woman’s life. She also serves as a board member for the Chicago High School for the Arts. ChiArts is a Chicago Public School dedicated to fostering scholar-artists through its intensive pre-professional training program in the arts, combined with a comprehensive college preparatory curriculum. In addition, Erin is on the WTTW and WFMT Board of Trustees, and she’s on American Bar Association’s Mental Health & Wellness Task Force.
Erin Clifford’s passion for legal matters, health and wellness, and involvement in the Chicago community has made her a proud addition to the Clifford Law Offices team.
- Northwestern University, Master’s in Mental Health Counseling with Academic Distinction, March 2023
- DePaul College of Law, Juris Doctor, May 2012
- Northwestern University, Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education with a Concentration in English, June 2002
- WTTW, Board of Trustees, 2020 – Present
- WFMT, Board of Trustees, 2020 – Present
- American Bar Association, Mental Health & Wellness Task Force, 2019 – Present
- Chicago High School for the Arts, Board of Directors, 2018 – Present
- Friends of Prentice, Board of Directors, 2017 – Present
- Lawyer’s Lend-A-Hand, May 2015 – Present
- President, May 2019 – 2022
- Co-Chair of Annual Fundraiser, 2016 – 2018
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- American Counseling Association
- Chicago Inn of Court
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Legal Marketing Association
- Cook County Treasurer’s Office, Legal Counsel, January 2018 – April 2019
- Illinois Appellate Court, First Judicial District, Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Terrence J. Lavin, September 2012 – December 2017
- Clifford Law Offices PC, Law Clerk, August 2008 – August 2012
- Steinmetz Academic Center, English Teacher, August 2003 – June 2008
- Buffalo Grove High School, Building Substitute, August 2002 – June 2003