With experience and ability in all areas of the firm’s practice, Tracy Brammeier’s recent focus is primarily complex and/or catastrophic transportation matters. Tracy has worked on several cases involving bicyclists struck by trucks, a man who suffered a crushing injury after being run over by a forklift, and a woman who died in a boating incident on Lake Michigan.
Tracy also handles aviation matters, and has worked on many of the firm’s commercial and private aviation incident cases, involving both airplane and helicopter accidents. Currently, Tracy acts as the court-appointed Liaison Counsel for all plaintiffs in the lawsuit arising from the 2019 crash of Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302, a Boeing 737 MAX 8 airplane, which resulted in the deaths of 157 people.
Notably, In 2018, Tracy was heavily involved in a case where a 22-year-old pedestrian was struck by a semi-truck, obtaining a record $35 million settlement after seven days of trial alongside Robert A. Clifford and Kevin P. Durkin. She also was part of the trial team that obtained a $21.5 million verdict after the month-long trial of two park districts for the drowning of a 6-year-old boy.
Tracy works to ensure the quality and integrity of the justice system as an investigating member of the Chicago Bar Association’s Judicial Evaluation Committee. She also gives back to the community through her work with the 100 Club of Chicago, a not-for-profit organization that assists the families of police officers and firefighters throughout Cook and Lake Counties, by providing a legal resource following the death of a loved one killed in the line of duty. Tracy also volunteers with the Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Section program Wills For Heroes, which prepares basic wills for Chicago and Illinois State police officers.
As a past Chair of the Young Lawyers Section of the Chicago Bar Association, a section with more than 7,000 members, and a member of the Board of Managers of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Tracy is a recognized leader in the young legal community. Her work has earned her accolades from Super Lawyers, Leading Lawyers, Law Bulletin Media, and Law Bulletin Publishing Company. In 2020, Emerging Lawyers profiled her in an article titled, “Tracy Brammeier: Building a Reputation in Transportation Injury Plaintiff’s Law,” for her expertise in transportation injury law. Tracy is also a member of the International Aviation Womens Association. American Association for Justice, and the American Bar Association.
Tracy graduated from Loyola University School of Law in Chicago. While in law school, she served as an Extern for the Honorable Thomas M. Durkin of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 2014
- Loyola University Chicago
- B.A. – 2010
- Loyola University Chicago John Felice Rome Center, 2008
- FAA Proposes Rule Prohibiting the Use of Personal Electronic Devices on the Flight Deck, AAJ Aviation Law Newsletter, Fall 2014
- International Aviation Womens Association
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, Second Vice Chair
- Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Section 2018 “Young Lawyer with Exceptional Promise”
- Chicago Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section, Public Service Manager
- Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Managers
- American Association for Justice
- 100 Club of Chicago
- Wills for Heroes
- Best Lawyers® in America, 2021 – Present
- Aviation Law
- Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Trial Lawyer Excellence Award, Jury Verdict Reporter, 2022
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019 – 2020
- Leading Lawyer, Law Bulletin Media, 2017 – Present
- Law Bulletin Publishing Company 40 Under Forty Illinois Attorneys to Watch, 2018