Marta Davidson is a hard-working attorney with a passion to achieve justice for those who have been harmed by medical negligence.
As part of the medical malpractice trial team, Marta has achieved several multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. For example, Marta second-chaired a trial in Winnebago County with partner Bradley Cosgrove involving the negligent placement of an Unna Boot on a 65-year-old man that resulted in an amputation of his left leg. The jury returned a record $3.157 million verdict for this type of injury in Winnebago County outside of Chicago. Marta tried another case alongside Bradley Cosgrove that involved a 68-year-old man who died two days after a knee replacement surgery. The jury returned a verdict of $8.25 million for the family. She was also part of the trial team that obtained a $4 million verdict on behalf of a family of a 51-year-old man who died following a carotid endarterectomy.
Marta also has taken part in negotiations resulting in multi-million-dollar settlements, including a $10.7 million settlement on behalf on a woman who suffered permanent brain injury from a ruptured aortic aneurysm, a $5.4 million settlement on behalf of a family whose husband and father died as a result of failure to timely treat a bowel perforation, and a $3.75 million settlement in DeKalb County on behalf of the family of a 45-year-old man who died from a pulmonary embolus. She currently handles a wide variety of medical malpractice and personal injury matters in Cook and the collar counties.
Prior to joining Clifford Law Offices, she worked at the Law Office of Kenneth C. Chessick, M.D. She graduated from the University of Illinois College of Law cum laude. While there, she served as Editor in Chief of the Business Law Journal and as the Productions Editor of the Journal of Law, Technology and Policy. She served as Executive Editor on the Moot Court Board and received recognition for excellence in several classes as well as in writing competitions. Every year since 2017, she has been recognized as a Rising Star by Illinois Super Lawyers. Marta is fluent in Polish and proficient in Spanish, having studied in Barcelona during her undergraduate work at the University of Illinois.
Clifford Law Offices is proud of Marta Davidson’s accomplishments and of the consistent, high-quality hard work she puts in every day on behalf of her clients.
- Medical Malpractice and Hospital Negligence
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- University of Illinois College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. cum laude – May, 2010
- Honors: Frederick Green Moot Court, Executive Editor on Moot Court Board
- Honors: 2010 Paul Faherty National Writing Competition, Honorable Mention
- Honors: 2009 Chief Justice John B. Doolin Writing Competition, Honorable Mention
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Business Associations I, Securities Regulation
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Law Journal: Illinois Business Law Journal, Editor in Chief
- Law Journal: Journal of Law, Technology & Policy, Productions Editor
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. – May, 2007
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: James Scholar
- Honors: National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Honors: Illinois State Scholarship
- Design Patent Infringement: Post-Egyptian Goddess , 2010 U. ILL. J.L. TECH. & POL’Y, 2010
- Using Internet Blogs to Protect Native American Culture, SOVEREIGNTY SYMP. XXII, 2009
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Law Office of Kenneth C. Chessick, M.D., Associate Litigation Attorney, 2012 – 2013
- Rodriguez Legal Group, LLC, Associate, 2010 – 2012
- CTA Legal Department, Summer Associate Externship, 2009
- Rodriguez Strohmeier, LLC, Law Clerk, 2008 – 2009
- Jacobson & Sorkin, Ltd., Law Clerk, 2007 – 2008
- Phi Eta Sigma
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017 – 2020
- Emerging Lawyer, Law Bulletin Media, 2020
- Best Lawyers® in America, 2024