The Spring Best Lawyers Business Edition honors and celebrates women lawyers who excel in their practice areas by highlighting their opinions and achievements within their specialty areas.
An article by Sarah King, partner at Clifford Law Offices, was featured in their Business Spring 2020 Edition.
In her article, she addresses how women, in particular, are at high risk of being victims of medical malpractice and device-related negligence. She sheds light on fixable issues and biases within our health-care system’s current procedures, tools, and practices, medical-malpractice investigations and lawsuits can make the system safer for all patients.
Some key points Sarah addresses in the article include:
- The implicit gender bias in healthcare
- Medical treatment specific to pregnancy, breast and cervical conditions
- Pregnancy-related medical errors
- Delayed diagnoses of breast cancer
- Misinterpretation of pap smears in cervical cancer
- Unsafe devices and medications still on the market
- The cost of limiting access to justice
To read the full article, click here.