The personal injury and wrongful death lawyers at Clifford Law Offices have dedicated their careers to understanding the complexities and logistics involved in explosions, railroad tragedies and premises liability.
Clifford Law Offices is a highly recognized accident and injury law firm serving clients in Chicagoland and throughout the country. We help those who have been harmed by any type of crash, explosion or fire, including grain bin explosions, fires and explosions caused by defective products, high-rise fires, gas company negligence, and all other accidents involving burn and explosion injuries including those that happen in and around railroads and other premises that may be under construction or repair. All proper precautions must be taken at construction sites so that workers and those in the area are safe and protected. Clifford Law Offices has the legal experience to help you get to the bottom of what occurred and help you achieve justice when a loved one has been injured or killed when tragedy occurs to your family.
A prominent example of our success in construction cases involved the scaffolding collapse at the John Hancock Building in Chicago. We represented injury victims and those who lost loved ones due to the collapse, and we ultimately secured a $75 million settlement for our clients.
We also obtained a $6.8 million settlement for a 37-year-old mother of two who fell through the Styrofoam flooring of a home under construction, which she had been invited by the builder to see. In another case, Kevin Durkin, a partner at the firm, obtained a $2.95 million settlement for a construction worker who fell through an unsupported roof on a project at Chicago’s Navy Pier and fractured his pelvis and wrist.
What We Can Do For You After A Fire Or Explosion
If you suffered any type of injury, we can help you hold those responsible for the fire or explosion accountable for the harm they have caused. We know that this is a difficult time in your life, so we will:
- Be responsive and give you the answers and advice that you need
- Handle all aspects of your legal claim so that you can focus on your health
- Pursue maximum compensation for you, seeking all of the money you need to pay for your medical bills, lost wages, future care needs and all other damages you have suffered
- Treat you like we treat our own family members because when you hire us, you become a part of the Clifford Law Offices family
If you have lost a loved one due to a train accident, fire or explosion, we can help you. We have the resources and experience to pursue wrongful death claims against those whose careless or reckless behavior took your loved one from you.
Explosion And Fire Accident Investigation – A Necessity For A Successful Claim
Because of the devastation involved in an explosion or fire, getting to the bottom of what happened requires experts and meticulous investigation. To determine the cause of an explosion or fire, many factors may be involved. Our injury lawyers retain the world’s top experts in the field to work with them in figuring this out for the client.
The experienced attorneys at Clifford Law Offices have dealt with explosion and fire cases before. Gas explosions require attorneys who understand property owner negligence law and can address the very complicated nature of these cases.
We are equipped to deal with explosions on various premises including repair work at railroads tracks and any other types of explosions such as agriculture-related explosions, which have occurred with increasing frequency in recent years.
Our Results In Explosion And Burn Injury Cases
We have obtained numerous favorable outcomes for clients in explosion accident and fire injury cases. Our most notable results include:
- $100 million: Six people were killed and 16 others injured at the Cook County Administration Building in downtown Chicago when firefighters failed to save people stuck in a smoky high-rise stairwell; it was one of the highest personal injury settlements in Cook County history. (Attorneys Robert A. Clifford and Kevin P. Durkin)
- $112 million verdict: Two men were injured in a grain bin explosion at a ConAgra mill in southern Illinois, in May, 2012. For this case, Kevin Durkin and Robert Clifford received a Trial Lawyer Excellence Award by the Jury Verdict Reporter of the Law Bulletin Publishing company.
- $13.73 million settlement: A 29-year-old worker was burned at a power plant fire in Indiana. (Attorneys Robert A. Clifford, Kevin P. Durkin)
- $2.9 million settlement: A 21-year-old worker was severely burned in a power plant explosion in Hammond, Indiana. (Attorney: Kevin Durkin)
- $2.6 million settlement: 24-year-old truck driver killed in a heptane gas explosion in Des Moines, Iowa, leaving a wife and three-year-old daughter. (Attorney Robert A. Clifford)
- $1.2 million partial settlement: A 34-year-old worker suffered burns in an electrical explosion at a mall. (Attorney: Robert Clifford)
- $900,000 settlement: A 24-year-old race car driver suffered serious burn injuries in a crash during an on-track amateur racing event where there was insufficient equipment to promptly suppress the fire that erupted on impact. (Attorneys Richard F. Burke Jr. and Shannon M. McNulty)
The railroad lawyers at Clifford Law Offices have dedicated their careers to understanding the complexities and logistics involved in rail accidents, disasters and rail safety.
Serious tragedies also occur in connection with railroads. Clifford Law Offices has tremendous experience in this area as well, having represented what is considered the most highly publicized civil case involving Metra in Cook County history. Founder and senior partner Robert A. Clifford and Mr. Durkin’s trial accomplishments include the highly publicized case of internationally acclaimed violinist, Rachel Barton, who was severely injured when a Chicago commuter train dragged her for more than 300 feet. After taking dozens of depositions and a pain-staking investigation for more than four years, the month-long trial resulted in a record $29.6 million verdict that later settled for $35 million.
Partner Kevin Durkin served as co-lead counsel in a tragic case of an Amtrak crash that occurred in Bourbonnais, Illinois, representing a number of people who were injured or killed in the far south suburban crash in 1999. Mr. Durkin also represents 30 of the 33 injured or the families of those killed in the Amtrak derailment near Tacoma, Washington, in December, 2017.
If you need a train accident attorney or someone injured or killed as a result of an explosion, please consult with Clifford Law Offices by calling us at (800) 899-0410 or (312) 899-9090. Our firm has the resources and experience to navigate the complex process in fighting for you and your family involving injuries or death related to these type of tragic accidents.